The Bi-monthly Journal
Every two months the Society produces a Journal. The Society has been doing this for the last 40 years so we have built up a wealth of very useful information.
One of the major benefits of being a member is that members receive the latest journal when it is released. After approximately two years these are then uploaded to the website for free download.
- In this journal:
– Editorial – Cate Davey
– Society Anthem
– Lepers at the Gate – Notes by Les Bowerman
– The Old Barge at Send – Vince Locatelli
– Send Flight – Tony Milton
– Chairman’s Notes – Les Bowerman
– Letter to the Editor from – William Langley
– The Eager Family of Ripley – John Slatford
– Market Gardening at Dunsborough Park – Sid Stanley
– 750 Years of Holy Trinity Church, Guildford – Notes by Les Bowerman
– IMPORTANT ADDENDUM TO MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
– Newark Priory Museum Exhibition
– Museum News – Clare McCann
– New Members 2013 – Andy Jones
– Forthcoming Events
– SRHS Publications List
Please refer to the SRHS guidelines.
The guidelines for writing and submitting articles for publication in the Journal are to be found here. It contains some helpful information about choosing and submitting photographs and other images, copyright and other general points to think about when preparing articles for the Journal.
Non-members are able to see a few example journals on our website.
If you are not a member yet, or do not wish to become a member, there is the option to buy the latest versions of the journals. The Society do not upload the latest journals to the website for a period of two years as only members of the society receive these as part of their membership.
But the latest journals can be purchased if you do not want to become a member or if you cannot wait for the two years to get them for free from the website.
Click here to order the latest journals.
To become a member of the Society, and receive all the latest journals for free, please click here:become a member